DEADLINE : Monday, May 1, 2017
The St. Croix Chamber of Commerce is pleased to offer this scholarship to a St. Croix High School Senior.
- One four year scholarship will be awarded. The monetary amount of each scholarship shall be a maximum of $4,000 payable up to $1,000 per year for tuition only.
- The scholarship awarded will be payable to the student for college tuition, books and expenses.
- To maintain the scholarship, the recipient must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 or above each year while attending the university or college and must present the transcript evidencing same to the St. Croix Chamber of Commerce prior to funds being released annually.
Requirements of Scholarship
- The applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of the USA and must have been a resident of St. Croix for at least five (5) years.
- Applicant must submit a complete application package.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior, planning to major in Business Management, Administration and/or related fields such as, but not limited to, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Information Technology
- Applicant must enclose a copy of their most recent high school transcript and two Letters of Recommendation from teachers, guidance counselor, or principal.
- Applicant should have a minimum 3.0 over all GPA/ SAT score of 1800 however other college preparatory test scores may be considered.
- If acceptance letter to an accredited four-year college or university is not available at the time of the application, it must be presented at the time that the Scholarship Award is being given.
- Submit an essay about yourself, career plans and future goals. Please limit to 500 word double spaced minimum in 12 pt font. Include background on why you have chosen to pursue this career and the college or university you have applied to.
- At the time the award is given a head shot front face photo must be submitted.
- Applicant must submit evidence of a minimum of 60 hours of community service on the official letterhead(s) and signed by an authorized person of the organization(s) to which the service was provided.
- Applicant must provide details of high school extracurricular activities.
- The final candidates will be interviewed in person by 2 or more members of the scholarship committee.
View the complete application here: